One Piece: Shores of Destiny Rp Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A stat based One Piece RP site

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Don't forget to check the news section every so often for updates.

Hard Work Pays Off

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dayn

Dayn

Hard Work Pays Off Empty
PostSubject: Hard Work Pays Off   Hard Work Pays Off EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:18 pm

Dayn followed the Commander back to the Marine Headquarters on Dawn Island. It was a short walk, but felt like it was a long ways away, based on the time it seemed to take. Dayn was sure he was in deep trouble, having just killed two men who were causing trouble at the bar down the street. There was a total of four who had been causing the trouble, but the other two had gotten away when the Commander arrived and made Dayn stand down. He had been warned about 'going overboard', and though he had never been told where the limit was, he felt that killing someone was going to be seen as overboard.

As a Marine, it was his job to protect and serve the citizens under the command of the World Government. This was the Goa Kingdom, one of the over one hundred kingdoms that made up the World Government, one of the Kingdoms he was supposed to protect. There was never a set line on when or where to stop, especially where it concerned dealing with citizens. Of course, you could protect yourself, but when you were able, a Marine should use the least amount of force as they could, while maintaining their own safety. You were supposed to use your own judgement, and act accordingly. That was one thing Dayn had trouble with. When to stop, hold back, or walk away.

It had gotten him scolded often. Especially when training with other cadets at Marineford, he always went all out when he trained, including not so mock fights. If the other person did not say they gave up, Dayn did not let up. He was strong, and felt he had to prove it at every chance he got. Just a few minutes ago, was the same. Someone wanted to try to kill him, prove their strength combined was greater than his. Dayn simply proved them wrong, and treated them as they would have him, had their strength been the greater one. Intent to kill should be met with intent to kill, in Dayn's eyes. Anything less was at least to insult the opponent, which was only good for some cases.

So, finally reaching the top floor of the Marine Headquarters on the island, Dayn waited quietly for his punishment, trying to not look like he was guilty of anything. Commander Nyda appeared to have calmed, sitting behind her elegant wooden desk. She looked up to him, then shook her head looking down and took a deep breath.

"First of all... What the hell are you thinking!? You absolutely should NEVER kill citizens. It is our job to protect the people." Commander Nyda lectured. "Especially in front of other civilians. It makes them restless, when they see one of their own killed. When people get restless, they riot eventually. When they riot, we have to step in. When that happens, we have to use force, and more people die. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Commander." Dayn replied, looking down.

"Explain to me what exactly happened then."

So Dayn told her. That he had been told of some people causing trouble at the bar down the street. How they drew knives and came at him, for no reason Dayn could think of. It was truth, he had only entered the bar, but Commander Nyda did not look to buy a word of it. Dayn felt a bead of sweat roll down his temple, but continued on. He backed out into the street, to keep them from messing up the bar. After he stepped outside, hell broke loose, and she arrived momentarily after. She sat there a moment, considering something, looking lost in thought.

"How is your wound?" the Commander asked, catching Dayn by surprise. He had completely forgotten about the cut on his side he had gotten, due to his worry over possibly getting punished for killing the two trouble makers.

"It is nothing." Dayn said honestly. He figured at most it might need a couple stitches, but it was still very far from life threatening. If he was careful over the next couple days, he doubted he would even need the stitches.

"With hat I've said in mind then, I would like you to know I like your hard work attitude. I've heard you have already dealt with several 'problems'. That attitude toward involving yourself in making the society better is something many Marines seem to lack. I have it within my power to promote you to the rank of Lieutenant. Keep in mind I also have it within my power to retract a promotion I grant, so keep working hard." Commander Nyda said in her professional tone. Dayn looked stunned, barely able to believe he just heard what she had said. He had certainly not expected to be rewarded, and least of all promoted. Dayn caught himself, regaining control of his mouth to thank her.

"I.. Yes. Thank you, Commander. I will not disappoint you." Dayn said.

"That being said, you have new orders as a Lieutenant. These simple bar fights are below someone of your rank. You are hereby presented with the Marine ship, named Destrix. It is already at the port in town. I have recently received a letter from a Captain in North Blue, asking for a few extra soldiers. You are to sail to Lvneel. Stop pirates and revolutionaries, help citizens where you can, and most importantly, obey the commands of Captain Rice. Unless something comes up, report to me after he is done with you. That is all, dismissed Lieutenant."

Dayn nodded his appreciation, and turned to leave the office. A promotion AND his own ship? 'Was this some kind of practical joke?' Dayn thought to himself on his way outside the Marine Outpost. This must have been the luckiest day of his life. How often was someone rewarded for killing someone they were not specifically supposed to? Not just that, he was given even more freedom now, allowed to do or go where he wanted. It was the first time in the Marines he had been given such freedom. Dayn grinned. He really couldn't ask for more. "This is the start of something great." Dayn spoke aloud, as he exited the Marine Headquarters on Dawn Island, anxious to see what else was in store.

Word Count: 1039
Exp: 1039
Beri: 520
Notes: The ship is my starter boat.

Last edited by Dayn on Thu May 24, 2012 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dayn

Dayn

Hard Work Pays Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hard Work Pays Off   Hard Work Pays Off EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:47 pm

Pell
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Hard Work Pays Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hard Work Pays Off   Hard Work Pays Off EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:47 pm

The member 'Dayn' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Random Drops' : 2
Back to top Go down
https://opsod.rpg-board.net
Nico Robin
Admin
Nico Robin

Hard Work Pays Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hard Work Pays Off   Hard Work Pays Off EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:51 pm

Congratulations! You found a random component.

Archeologist- Brush

You can't use this, but you can sell it on the market to someone who can!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hard Work Pays Off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hard Work Pays Off   Hard Work Pays Off Empty

Back to top Go down

Hard Work Pays Off
Page 1 of 1