One Piece: Shores of Destiny Rp Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A stat based One Piece RP site

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Don't forget to check the news section every so often for updates.

A New Drink

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Enel

A New Drink Empty
PostSubject: A New Drink   A New Drink EmptySun May 20, 2012 5:16 pm

It surely has been a long battle and at least a day has passed since. Perhaps, this was the longest battle he can recall, and the first in ever so long that he had actually lost. Alas, though, as he was not cooked and done just yet, because he was so much better than everyone else. Heck, he wasn't even supposed to be included in the phrase 'everyone else'! After all, there is not a single person in the entire universe that can really surpass him, right? Even that darned straw hat boy was not nearing his divine superiority and never will be close to that.

The battle was short lived for an entire island's civil war, you could say, but as opposed to god's words it has lasted around six or five hours, that doesn't matter much. The entire country's wipeout resulted in almost no death events, which is simply the opposite of what the lord had wished for even if it does seem a little cruel, but such is life when you try to threaten those above you. But that annoying boy with the straw hat, the boy of rubber stepped forth to oppose him. And succeeded. But it was not enough, puny attacks like those can never make the god of the lands bow down. That, would be the greatest sin of all.

"Yahahaha..."

He was now alone. The white man in the sky island, solely on his own ship of wood and gold. The ship that can fly, the ship built by the hands of the selected heroes of Skypiea, those selected to do the work of the gods. The Flying Arc Maxim, which uses electricity as its power source. Perhaps some foolish humans thought it was gone for good, but the arc was still running - and who would be responsible for that other than god, Enel himself. Insanely laughing, he kept fueling the ship with his special body of thunder as he sat on his throne with all the preparations needed made for this journey, awaiting the ship to reach it's final destination: the land of eternal Vearth. It's weird though, he could not actually feel himself sitting on his throne neither could he feel the power surging through his body. In fact, it all seemed too good to be true, especially now that while the Straw Hat Pirates were still scanning the island in search of a way out.

"Now, let us march forward, Maxim!!" He has declared proudly, his eyes set on nothing but the large sphere in the skies. "Onwards to Fairy Vearth!!" Unaware of the consequences, the god had marched towards the moon, as known in surface language. That was the land of eternal earth, though, there was nothing to do against that. Of course, the island was still inhabited by aliens, no less, and Enel had to deal wtih-

But soon he had found himself waking up on the floors of an unknown island, with the remnants of his ship scattered everywhere around him. This was most definitely not Skypiea. Slowly getting up with a painful expression on his face, he held his head with his hand before receiving the slight shock that started this crazy journey.

"What-... Where am I now...?"

Holding his hand in pain, the man tried to remember everything that happened up to now, but oddly his mind drew a blank. He tried really hard to think about what has happened to him that made him wake up on this random shore in the middle of nowhere, but no ideas popped in his mind besides being lost in sea and being caught in some storm. It didn't even occur to him that he took place in a great battle he himself has started, which almost resulted in him losing his life - though he did see a small part of the supposed aftermath in his dream, which he now can't remember after 7 seconds of staying awake. Such is things with dreams. The only thing the white man could remember was his own name, Enel, and that or some reason he's talking in a very high way. Why is that? How should he know?

There is a logical explanation to all of this, Enel is subject to Amnesia after being washed up here on this sandy shore. His puffy clothes filled with the sand and next to him a shipwreck with gold all around, the man tried figuring what could be the cause of his amnesia. Could it be that he got struck in his head so hard his brain just got washed right off? That is a possibility, but that cannot explain why he can still remember his own name and speaking in such a highly manner of himself. Intriguing, intriguing indeed, this odd phenomenon. Quite disturbing, but not annoyingly ignorant. This is supposedly where the fun starts, as now he has to go search for people who know him - to figure out who he was and how he got there in the first place.

But first of all...

"I demand service. Bring me your finest of liquor. I suspect this would be sufficient." He declared, marching into the bar he found by chance holding a golden crown in his hand. How did he find that? Simple, it was laying there buried in the sand just like the rest of the gold that happened to be nearby.

At his sudden entrance to the bar, the people inside were struck in shock. He looked intimidating enough, but his attitude was rather strange. Offering a golden crown for a punk bar's finest liquor? Any fool knows the value of a large piece of gold, and a simple glass of fine drinks is definitely not worth it... Unless it's the Golden Merry. Sitting on the wooden chair near the wooden bar, Enel let out a sigh as he was immediately served his drink with a smile by the balding 40-year-old looking bartender, by-side many other punks and pirates who appeared to be absolutely nothing special. They were all so noisy, sitting on their chairs and hanging around, drinking their beer, rum and whatnot.

"This bunch... How annoying."

He said as he sipped from his drink.

Hopefully someone who knows him happens to see him nearby. If not, alas. That is some good liquor.

WC: 1,043.
Total WC: 1,043.
Back to top Go down
Nico Robin
Admin
Nico Robin

A New Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Drink   A New Drink EmptySun May 20, 2012 9:04 pm

As soon as the Straw Hat pirates landed on the island, Robin was approached in secret. The revolution had a mission for her. All she had to do was to retrieve documents from a shady bar frequented by pirates. She was to go alone and not allow anyone, even her captain, to know what she was doing. That wasn’t her ideal way of doing things. Robin respected her captain, and after what they had went through at Enis Lobby, she liked to keep everyone assured she would be okay. This normally meant, letting them know her plans. It was a little out of character for her to go alone to a bar. Normally, she would take Chopper or Nami with her if she planned to leave the ship for any reason; both for the company and to have someone watch her back.

After the dread had worn off, Robin decided to approach the captain and at least let him know she wanted some time to herself. Perhaps he wouldn’t be upset for her going off on her own if she let him know ahead of time she would do it. When her crew mates started to split up into their groups, Robin stopped Luffy.

“Luffy, I need to talk to you.”

The young man tilted his head to the side, a curious look on his face. That was part of what the archeologist liked about the young captain. He was curious, not about books, but about the world around him. This made him a little different that most of the people she had known, at least the ones that liked her. At times, he reminded her of an old friend. She missed the giant, and wondered if he had somehow survived being frozen, as she had.

“Huh?”

The simple question made Robin smile, genuinely smile. Hopefully he wouldn’t try to keep her from doing this. She took a deep breath and responded with a straight face.

“I’m going to be going off by myself for a little while, I want to ask the people here some questions.”

This was it, either she would be told to stay close to the crew or he would say he was okay with it. For the moment, she held her breath.

“Okay!”

Robin released her breath and nodded.

“I’ll be back by dinner time.”

After tossing a wave, she was off to find this bar she was told about.

It wasn’t long before she had found herself on the backstreets. The dark and dirty part of the city where pickpockets, thugs, and pirates seem to gather no matter what time of day it was. There were a few times, where she believed that there might be a fight break out, sometimes involving herself. She was young, nicely dressed, and female. Naturally, every man in the area seemed to be interested in creeping on her. Robin still wasn’t used to this kind of attention.

After what seemed like a long time, probably due to being stopped so many times on the street, Robin found the bar. A wooden sign hung outside, the paint nearly completely worn off, and hanging by one chain rather than the original two. She pushed her way through the door beneath it and casually made her way up to the bar, ignoring the catcalls that followed. Did men really find her to be attractive? Or were they just perving on any female they saw because of how drunk they were?

Needless to say, her focus was solitary, fixed firmly on talking to the bartender. She didn’t notice the familiar face until she had already started to speak to the bartender. For a moment, Robin was a touch frightened. She didn’t expect to see anyone from Skypea here, especially Enel. She remembered all the trouble he had caused with his terrible logia power. She had to get him to go away so she could speak openly with the bartender.

“I didn’t think you survived your fall, Enel.”

WC: 665
Back to top Go down
Enel

A New Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Drink   A New Drink EmptyMon May 21, 2012 3:26 am

It has taken around 3 long glasses of this place's finest orange-colored liquor until a new, interesting individual arrived at the scene, a new interesting individual that could make Enel a little closer to understanding who he is and what is this island. Then again, until that person marched in here, he had to tolerate with the voices of Pirates and criminals all around him, laughing and drinking to their delight, sometimes even breaking out in a fight, throwing chairs at each other and sometimes the food and glasses they are served. These guys were incredibly annoying, but if the God wanted to make sure someone amongst this bunch can help him gather information he had to keep silent and patient until some good fish here bites his bait. He even span around to look at this messy, wooden bar once in a while, observing the figures of the thugs and goons every once in a while but not to his surprise at all. Strange.

And soon, not to his surprise but in truth to his delight, there was someone who knew him that came in. From his experience for the last three hours, no actual women dare to set foot in a fishy place like this, for one to actually come in she has to be either very brave, on a very important task or just one of the resident's wife. She could also be a pirate herself, but the more cultured and educated know where to hang out and this - is definitely not the place for it. The sound of heels hitting the floor was nearing him as a slight grin appeared on his depressed face. He was relieved. This was a great opportunity.

And the fish caught the bait after all.

This woman spoke to the bartender, Guan, about something Enel was not concerned about but the moment she began she stopped, staring in fear at this god. A small flashback then hit his mind, and with his eyes widening at her voice coming out, his head was in pain again. He held it, trying to endure it but to no real avail. The images flashed way too quickly and he could not resist letting out voices of struggle while attempting to keep his cool. He saw this woman in the vision, he saw her electrified and raising her forearm against him, by-side others, and then- It was all gone again.

He couldn't remember this flashback. Not even a second after it.

Keeping his cool, he readjusted his expression by taking a deep breath and relaxing, then speaking to this lady, saying exactly what he has to say.

"Enel...?" He started, showing doubt in his words. To her, it must have meant that his god complex continues, and he must be trying to make others refer to himself as god. "You're not a usual here, that's for sure. Of course, myself, who has been here for only three hours, cannot be counted as one either. Alas." He looked at her with a friendly smile. This was most likely the first time in Robin's life and a very long time in Enel's life that this person's friendly side has been witnessed. He continued. "You stated my name without my introduction. I am not that infamous. You most likely have met me before, but to me... You are a complete stranger." He declared, with his expression once again changing to the serious side.

The bartender then whispered to Robin's ears about Enel's problem. He knew what this was, but could not afford to lose his greatest customer just yet, and therefore only allowed this one-time visiting woman of the case.

"Enel is a subject to this island's Letfal Amnesia. He won't be remembering anything that happened to him, but he will get slight flashes at times. You guys related?"

Enel then continued. "I would guess, I have suffered some fall in my life previously, but I am incapable of recalling any events from it... Would you be kind enough to tell me, exactly why am I here and who are you?" This opportunity might never come again. Anybody who has known Enel can right now, at this moment, rewrite his entire history for him. But he, he doesn't care about those things, he wants to know the truth and his desperation appears to be high enough to actually ask a complete stranger that just happens to have a chance of knowing him - who he is. A look of seriousness in his eyes, he ordered the bartender to get another drink - two glasses, supposedly one for this woman as well.
Nico Robin
Admin
Nico Robin

A New Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Drink   A New Drink EmptyMon May 21, 2012 8:40 pm

The last thing Robin expected was such a laid back reaction. Truthfully, she had expect some kind of trouble. It had been Luffy that caused Enel’s ship to come crashing down and everyone knew that she was part of the Straw-Hat crew. It almost seemed as through he had forgotten the incident completely. Then again, he could just be playing a game, trying to get close enough to strike. However, that kind of game didn’t seem to be the kind of thing someone who called themselves ‘god’ world do. It was a confusing moment for the young archeologist, the say the least.

The bartender then whispered the explanation to her. Could he have hit his head in the fall? It was entirely possible. Even someone like him would not have been able to land softly, especially after Luffy had beat on him so much. However, she didn’t know what to make of the explanation of ‘Letfal amnesia’.

It was something straight out of a novel. Terrible man falls, loses his memory, needs one of his former victims to help him regain his memory. However, this also put Robin in an interesting position. She had two options; she could tell him the truth, or she could lie to him. If she were to chose to tell the truth, there was a chance he would go back to his old self; killing without mercy, and ruling others with their own fear. There was a chance that he could realize that what he did was wrong and completely change.

Then again, she could always lie to him and make him out to be a saint. From the way things sounded, he could be really close to regaining his memory. If that happened, and he found out she had lied to him, it could be a very dangerous situation. As per usual, she felt it best to tell the blunt and honest truth.

“Last time we met, you tried to kill everyone on Skypea including me and my crewmates just because you wanted to go to the moon. My captain defeated you and your ship crashed through the clouds. We disn‘t know what happened after that.”

For a moment she paused, waiting for the information to sink in, before she continued. “As for my name, I'm Robin Nico.”

Enel appeared to order enough drink for the both of them, this also surprised the dark haired woman. He seemed to have better manners in his current state than he ever did. Part of her wised she had lied to him, however, this was for the better. At least this way she wouldn’t have to fight him, or hide behind Luffy, as shameful as that was for her. She hoped that the former self proclaimed god would continue to be civil company before leaving on her way so she could get what she came here for.

WC: 480
Total: 1145
Back to top Go down
Enel

A New Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Drink   A New Drink EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:51 pm

By the time the drink has arrived Enel had managed to comprehend everything this woman had to say. Despite everything, he didn't care all too much and proceeded with his normal new attitude, sipping from his fourth glass and still looking at his guest, expecting her to get to the drinking part already. Nevertheless, while he thought high of himself, Enel did not expect to hear this coming, of all things, as that just barely made any sense and what's beyond the point, can barely satisfy his mind. There were more questions popping up with every second and at every part of her explanation, and the more confusion caused the more this man wanted to know. Maybe this 'fairy tale' case of him started to sink in and he began giving up on his previous identity, but that would still leave hus curiousity unanswered, not justified exactly. He wanted to know who he was to attempt relate it to this event. But this woman did not know what she was talking about, as the only weapon Enel carried was a Bo staff of gold and he was laying at a shipwreck when he woke up, and as everyone knows - ships din't fly.

He sipped twice before speaking, looking directly into her blue eyes as he prepared for a reply. One thing certain, this 'Nico Robin' woman did not count on meeting 'god' in this place, so it might be truth he had crashed somewhere after a fight, but it could also mean he was a sailor, or more logically a pirate, and his ship was engaged in some hard battle, hard enough to pull everything to the shore except the bodies of the crew."If it is all true and I was trying to kill you, I suppose I should be continuing where I left." He stated, though the difference between this scene and every other previous to the amnesia is that by now, Robin would have been electrified almost to death. And this was certainly not doubt found in his words, as despite losing all memory of what happened to him Enel retained his habit of speaking highly, of his self exceptionally, and stating as if his word is truth. "... But..." He said putting the glass on the wooden shelf and starting to match his logic with her testimony.

"I object to this blasphemy." He declared, then explaining: "If Skypiea is where I came from, I would hsve never survived this fall, and neither have whatever carried me. If I was so insane as to go to the moon, I must have had lost all control of my mind, as that 'moon' is over there, up, should I remind you. I will believe in your piracy, but the difference in knowing me and making things up lies in the convenient excuse of your captain fighting and defeating me." Clearly, that was the part he had an issue with, losing in a fight to some random character, but all he said did sound in a way like he was denying, rather forgetting. The same expression of disappointment and underestimation returned to him slowly as he spoke, the same expression shown on the Sky Island.

"Frankly, I'm not saying you lie. I am saying you are not a good enough resource to use, Robin Nico. But I will show gratitude for your efforts."
_________
WC: 560
TWC: 2,367
Back to top Go down
Nico Robin
Admin
Nico Robin

A New Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Drink   A New Drink EmptySat May 26, 2012 12:28 am

The dark haired woman took a sip of her drink and suppressed a sigh. She wanted to end this simple mission already and get back to her crewmates. The last thing she wanted to do was get stuck drinking with her former enemy. It was a relief, however small, that he had lost his memory and wasn’t walking around, frying people with his electric fruit ability. This was a small consolation to the fact she was spending too much time in a grimy back corner where any moment a marine or bounty hunter could raid the place for whatever criminal might be in hiding here. Robin, herself, had quite a nice bounty. Although she had decided to not use her fruit in such a place, her face was still on a wanted poster.

Her drinking companion mentioned continuing where he left off and she didn’t even flinch. Robin stared at him with her cold blue eyes as if she were trying to look through him. She knew he wouldn’t do such a thing, not unless she moved first. His new personality was, for the lack of a better word, different. He still seemed to hold himself in high esteem, however, he didn’t seem interested in killing anyone. At least, not at the moment. Though she appeared to be indifferent to the danger she was potentially facing, the archeologist was prepared for any of the possible worst case scenarios that might happen.

Listening in silence to the rantings of a former madman, she remained calm, taking another sip of her drink. She smiled a little, amused at the prospect that he didn’t believe a word she said, even though she had told the truth. “Why would I lie to you?” A simple question spoken honestly, and matter-of-factly.

His final facial expression, and his words, seemed to hold very firm traces of his former self. It was possible that the old Enel was still deep inside waiting for his chance to kill every single person in this bar. ”This drink taste like gratitude to me.”

Robin’s eyes fell back on the bartender for a moment. She needed to talk to him soon. The last thing she needed was for Luffy to start missing her and rush in to see her drinking with Enel. It was sometimes difficult to determine how the young captain would react to certain things. Perhaps after this she could go looking for leads in the older part of the city, the next poneglyph could be right around the corner and she would never know it. Oh well, it was best to let things happen as they should, anyway.

WC: 440
Total: 1585

((OOC: Sorry for the short and slow replies, I’m kinda rusty.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A New Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Drink   A New Drink Empty

Back to top Go down

A New Drink
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
One Piece: Shores of Destiny Rp Site :: In Character Area :: East Blue-
Jump to: