One Piece: Shores of Destiny Rp Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A stat based One Piece RP site

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Don't forget to check the news section every so often for updates.

Finding A Dream

Go down 
+2
Dayn
Neena
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Neena

Neena

Finding A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Finding A Dream   Finding A Dream EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:36 am

It had been three days since the ninja outcast had washed up on shore. A fisherman’s family had found her, tangled in a fishing net, draped with seaweed and wearing tattered, skin tight clothes. The redhead was unconscious and barely breathing, but the kind fisherman’s wife nursed her back to partial health. After a couple of days with the violet eyed stranger, the couple couldn’t help but have questions. The third day, at dinner time, when the man had returned home with his catch, the three of them sat down at the wooden dining table.

“We have been holding back our questions for a while now, but we can’t help but want to know more about you.” The fisherman began. “For starter’s what’s your name?”

Turning her face to the kind stranger, the young woman smiled. “Thank you for everything, but I won’t be able to stay here much longer. My name is Neena and to answer your next question as to how I ended up washed ashore, my ship was blasted apart by pirates.” This was only a partial truth. Her name was correct, but it had been ninja that blasted her ship apart.

The wife looked at her a moment, as if studying her before asking another question. “How did you know what our next question would be?”

Neena laughed uneasily and tried to rub away her discomfort by rubbing her arm. “Yeah, that is pretty strange, huh? I’m just good at reading people is all. Not reading their minds, just making good guesses at to what they’ll say or do next. I’m not always right, but I’ve had this discussion before. It’s not the first time this has happened and likely won’t be the last. How I manage to escape a darker fate, I’ll never know.”

The fisherman’s face gave the young woman a suspicious glance. The redhead tried to avoid his gaze, her discomfort at his suspicion was clear, in the way she sat staring at her lap and twiddling her thumbs. Her mind was focused on one thing, getting the heck out of this place before she was found. Neena had been running for a year now, trying to escape the fate that happens to people who defect from her clan. She had not done it for political reasons or even out of moral devotion, but rather because she was tired of that life. Being told how to live every aspect of her life, from her daily routine, to what she wore, to the bounties she chased, was not what she wanted at all. In truth, she would be more than happy to disappear into the shadows of some big city where no one would know her or her clan.

The fisherman waited a moment before asking his next question, almost as if he was trying to decide how to ask it. “Is there anything you want us to know?”

Gasping, the redhead ran to the windows, closing the shutters as quickly as she could before taking a deep breath. She smiled at the two kind people who cared for her this whole time. Neena felt as if she owed them a great debt.

“I’m sorry, but the longer I stay the more danger you will be in. I’m well enough to move around normally, so I should leave as soon as possible.”

The couple looked confused. The fisherman crossed his arms in contemplation, unsure if he should ask what was after the girl. She noticed the look on his face and shook her head.

“Don’t ask, I don’t want to tell you and put you in further danger.”

The man’s wife got to her feet and quickly began packing provisions for you young woman. Perhaps it was though a womanly understanding, but somehow the connection between them as strong enough that she understood the gravity of this situation.

“I don’t need anything, I’ll pull out bounties on my way out of here.”

“They will record your name in the books and whoever is after you might catch word.”

“I’ll use a false name.”

“What if someone sees you?”

“They won’t unless I let them.”

“Who are you, really?”

The last question she was asked struck her hard. Who was she? For so long she had been part of a group, a small part that barely mattered enough for much of an identity. Now here she was, trying to escape from the group, trying to obtain her identity. The exchange between Neena and the fisherman’s wife didn’t end there.

“I… that is what I’m trying to find out. I was part of a group, not needing an identity, for so long, and now I’m trying to become my own person. I fly solo, I fly free.”

“You were a ninja, weren’t you?”

“How do you know about ninja?”

“I was one once, too.”

“I must go.”

With that, the redhead covered her head with the hood of her sweater. Silently, she wished the couple well, as she slipped out the door and around the corner. Now she would get some bounties, a ship, and get out of here. No one would know she was here except the two she had stayed with.

WC: 867
Back to top Go down
Neena

Neena

Finding A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding A Dream   Finding A Dream EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:18 am

Quietly, the young woman slipped through the crowds on the main street, hoping no one would recognize her. The hood of her sweater covered her bright red hair as she adverted her eyes. She wore a sword at her hip, more for sentimental reasons than for fighting. The truth of the matter was that she never used the blade in a battle unless she intended to kill someone. Neena had little need to partake in those kinds of fights anymore. The government accepted their criminals dead or alive, unlike the Blood clan, who usually only wanted the head or a hand.

She seemed to easily blend in with the crowd that gathered by the local government post. The area was littered with mercenaries, some of them with their prey firmly in chains, others looking over the latest postings. This was where the serious hunters usually meet up before going their separate ways to compete for the big names. Neena joined three others as they looked over the bounty board. She was always pleased to see the numbers rise.

“Outta my way shorty.”

A shadow loomed over the short woman as she observed the board. She didn’t flinch, assuming he was talking to someone else.

“Do ya got ears under all that? I said move it.”

A lavender eye drifted back a moment and Neena snickered. So the lug was talking to her after all. Well, she didn’t want to make a scene, but if he insisted on playing this game with her, she might have to act.

“I’m sorry, I thought you were tall enough to see over me judging by the shadow you are casting. Speaking of which, you’re in my light.”

The hooded ninja waved at the stranger as if she were attempting to shoo a bug that was buzzing close to her ear. Her patience with this fool wouldn’t last long. He grabbed her wrist and lifted her off the ground before spinning her around to face him. She looked up at him, a smirk on her face as her hood fell back, revealing her red locks.

“Listen up rookie, I ain’t gonna tell ya again, stay out of my way.”

The big guy attempted to toss Neena aside but she grabbed his wrist and twisted it as she slid down his back, causing him to bend backwards.

“I don’t appreciate it when people talk to me like that, yo. It’s cliché. Oh, and I‘m far from being a rookie, I‘ve just not been in the spotlight. I would like to keep it that way, if you don‘t mind.”

The dwarfed young woman released the huge man’s wrist and returned to viewing the bounty board. She picked out a couple of smaller bounties before walking into the office to get a bounty book from the clerk. Neena hastily exited before drawing any more attention to herself.

WC: 479
Total: 1346
Back to top Go down
Dayn

Dayn

Finding A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding A Dream   Finding A Dream EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:04 pm

Dayn managed to arrive at the town government building, with the two drunks he had just apprehended. They had apparently taken over a bar, and drank to their hearts content, free of charge. It did not matter to Dayn really. He was only going to throw them in a holding cell until they sobered up, and let someone else deal with it. It was only his job to keep the peace, not to solve all the minor problems of society.

With one man over his shoulder, on top of his weapon, and the other man dragging behind, Dayn walked into the large building. The wounds of the two drunks were not large or deep, and their clothes soaked up most of their blood, which was lucky, as he did not want blood on his Justice coat. He wore a brown jacket, under the coat, and dark pants. His hair was medium length, and also brown.

Immediately off to the right once he entered, Dayn saw a man holding a red haired girl off the ground by her wrist. With an amazing display of skill, the girl twisted around behind the man, bending his arm around. Dayn knew if she wanted, she could snap his arm. The man was in no position to do anything about it. The woman released him, and he slumped to the ground, holding his arm in obvious pain.

Dayn smirked. People greatly undervalued skill, as compared to strength he believed. He always enjoyed seeing it proven, especially to people who thought they were superior simply due to their size. Seeing no continuation to the situation as the woman let the man lie there, he turned back to handle his own business. Moving off to the door to the left, Dayn dropped his two captives off with the jailer. He was given a small beri reward. Apparently someone knew about his coming somehow.. Oh well. A bit of extra beri never hurt anyone, he concluded.

Dayn exited back into the main building just in time to see the young woman leaving. She had a hood covering her hair, and appeared to be in a hurry. Dayn casually followed her, as there was only one exit.

"MOVE!" the large man shouted, shoving Dayn aside, just outside the jail house. Dayn stumbled a step, then catching his balance, spun around kicking his foot out, just barely catching the back foot of the large man as he rushed past, causing him to trip. The man crashed face first, like he was diving, into the stone street.

The man rushed to his feet, turning about to face whoever had just tripped him. "No means no. You should be able to tell that that woman is not interested in you." Dayn mocked, laughing. The man reared to full height, being roughly the same height as Dayn, give or take a little bit. The look in the man's eyes told Dayn he was out for blood. 'Fine with me', Dayn thought. The scuffle with the drunks had barely warmed him up, and he still ached for a real fight.

~~~~~~~~~
Word Count: 518
Exp: 518
Beri: 259
Back to top Go down
Neena

Neena

Finding A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding A Dream   Finding A Dream EmptySun May 13, 2012 5:21 pm

Neena stopped a moment and winced. Slowly, she turned around to see a marine had tripped up the big jerk that had been bugging her earlier. She rolled her eyes and sighed. Did these government types always have to play the hero when it wasn’t needed? She turned as if she were about to continue on her way, but looked back at the marine and thug, and then again at the path she was wanting to go. Grumbling to herself about how life wasn’t being fair, she walked back over to where the two men were.

“You didn’t have to do that, you know. I’m used to taking out trash like this.”

The hooded girl stepped on the fallen man’s hand with her boot heel, causing him to yell out in pain. Hopefully, this would prove the point she was trying to make.

“To be honest, this howling monkey isn’t even worth my time.”

She removed her boot heel from the hand of her victim and crossed her arms, a smirk passing over her face. Cowboy types like this were fun to toy around with. She didn’t really have time to be messing around here, though. She had two bounties to pick up, supplies to buy, and a boat to find so she could get off this rock.

Besides, if she wanted to change the world, she needed to talk to someone higher up than this guy. She needed to talk to an admiral or a member of the government. Someone needed to know how bad normal every day people were suffering in some places. Rumors that human and fish man slave trade was still legal in some places, had reached her ears, as well.

“I’ve got to get going, more lives than mine are on the line if I don’t quickly find my way off this island and to a base with someone higher in rank. Thanks for trying to help, but this isn’t the real enemy.”

With this serious speech out of the way, Neena turned on her heel. The thug grasped at her ankles, but she kicked him in the face, and kept walking. Her next stop would be the nearest bar. Inside there would be any number of outlaws hiding, drinking, and making a scene. All she needed to do was get a few hundred thousand beri and she would be good to go if no one stopped her.

Being so close to another ninja in hiding made her more nervous. She was putting the fisherman’s wife in danger just by being here. Not to mention, if anyone was still looking for her, Neena would be in danger of getting caught up in that as well. It wouldn’t be long before the people who blew up her ship would notice she wasn’t in the wreckage. Silently, she hoped the ninja who were part of her team when she defected would betray her and claim they were forced to go along with her. They were good people and didn’t deserve punishment for her actions.

WC: 507
Total: 1853
Back to top Go down
Dayn

Dayn

Finding A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding A Dream   Finding A Dream EmptySun May 13, 2012 10:13 pm

Dayn watched, almost amused, as the young woman put the large man in his place, again. She acted without fear, though admittedly, no one with any skill would be afraid of a man who was spread out upon the ground. She did not give Dayn the impression she was your run of the mill bounty hunter. Most bounty hunters seemed to like to flash their weapons, but the girl did not touch the blade at her waist.

"You know, a simple thank you would suffice.." Dayn said lamely after she said the man was a waste of her time. It was not like he could assume everyone had eyes in the back of their heads to see a threat coming from behind. It was his job simply to maintain the peace. It would not be good to allow someone to be killed in front of him, no matter who, or for almost any reason.

She looked to have a deep thought before replied, saying she had to go. Dayn could barely hear her over the moans and groans of the man she had just now kicked in the face. Talk to someone with a higher rank. At least she thanked him. Dayn always thought someone with deadly intent coming for you would be a real enemy, but it seemed the girl thought otherwise.

Dayn opened his mouth to say something, but shut it dumbly. There was not anything to say really. He would have asked her name, but if she was leaving the island, what good would that be to have? And she was gone before he thought of anything else to say..

Oh well, he thought. Dayn looked down to the man. He did not look so big now, laying on the ground, blood seeping from his nose. Dayn briefly wondered what he should do with the man, he would likely be looking for a fight with someone, being embarrassed three times in the space of a couple minutes, two of which a girl half his size did. But, then again, the man had technically done nothing, and might be a little more cautious when picking fights from now on. Oh well, Dayn thought. If he caused trouble, Dayn would be more than willing to put him in his place again.

Coming to that decision, Dayn left the man on the floor, and walked away. He should go report the incident from earlier to his superiors. And maybe this one too.. It would not hurt to be careful, when possibly dangerous people were in a bad mood. His thoughts returned to the girl.. So mysterious, and filled with purpose. He hoped they would meet again, maybe for more than a second next time..

~Exit~

Word Count: 455
Exp: 455 (973)
Beri: 227 (486)
Back to top Go down
Dayn

Dayn

Finding A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding A Dream   Finding A Dream EmptySun May 13, 2012 11:20 pm

roll post
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Finding A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding A Dream   Finding A Dream EmptySun May 13, 2012 11:20 pm

The member 'Dayn' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Random Drops' : 1
Back to top Go down
https://opsod.rpg-board.net
Nico Robin
Admin
Nico Robin

Finding A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding A Dream   Finding A Dream EmptySun May 13, 2012 11:23 pm

Congrats! You have obtained a recipe!

Recipe: Archaeologist: Stone Artifact- 20 to ability attack (2 brush, 2 book)
Back to top Go down
Genshi

Finding A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding A Dream   Finding A Dream EmptyTue May 15, 2012 10:26 pm

The raging seas became calm as they reached the sandy shore of the East Blue island. The calm seas slowly carried the small rowboat onto the shore, much to the glee of the solitary rider. The rider was a young pirate named Genshi Molynieu, who was prepared for to make a names for himself, and he believed that the time was right. He jumped out of his boat and began jumping for joy. He stopped when he spotted a young couple staring at him.

"Staring is rude, you know." he said, quickly walking away.

One thing that Genshi quickly noticed since dis-boarding his ship, was that he was dreadfully hungry. He spotted a tavern and quickly ran inside, running to the counter, grabbing the attention of everyone inside.

"Alright Pay attention because I'll only be saying this once. I am Genshi Molynieu, the next great pirate yet to enter the grand line. You may wish to immortalize this moment with a picture. I won't belittle you for doing so." Genshi said, slamming his fist on the counter.

Following this little act of arrogance, Genshi was thrown out by a group of husky men who had apparently angered. He picked himself up, dusted himself off and waked into the bar again, met with the same glares as before.

"I'll be good." He sheepishly said, slowly walking to the bar and sitting at the counter, ordering a cola, which he quietly drank.

While he was drinking, he felt a tap on the shoulder. He turned around to see a tall husky fellow. He had a long white beard and a sleeveless leather jacket.

"Lose the sleeves in an accident?" Genshi joked, a smile on his face.

"I tore them off myself." the husky man answered, suddenly brandishing a knife.

"Something I can't stand, is a young pirate who thinks he's better than everyone else, just because he's young." he added.

"With all due respect sir, I don't think I'm better than because I'm young. I think I'm better than you because I simply am." Genshi responded.

The man had enough of Genshi's words, he thrusted his knife forward, as Genshi drew his sword to block it. The younger pirate quickly kicked the man's large stomach with all his strength, knocking him back a few steps. He placed his sword at his hip, pointing forwards.

"And now, for the appropriately named, 'First Strike'." Genshi softly said, running forwards.

Moments later, Genshi's sword was inside the other pirate's stomach. He pulled his sword out and pointed to the ground. The husky pirate fell to the ground, with a small pool of blood forming around his downed body. Genshi nonchalantly returned to the counter and continued drinking his cola. The others within the bar were rather surprised, by the fact that some pirate so young was able to kill so easily, and feel so little regret afterwards.

"Ah, so refreshing." Genshi said.

(Word count: 487)
Back to top Go down
Neena

Neena

Finding A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding A Dream   Finding A Dream EmptyTue May 15, 2012 11:05 pm

Leaving behind the marine and the foolish man who disturbed the peace, Neena continued forward to the bar she had in mind. It was a dingy spot known to serve pirates and criminals of ill repute. People like that are what she was after. Once she reached the darker streets of the district where she would meet her destination, she asked a few of the people she met if certain bounty picks were in town. When they acted frightened, she knew that her targets were close by. For now she would focus on the big one, a husky man who was very dangerous. However, he was new to a life of crime and that made his bounty much lower.

The hooded young woman entered the tavern, her lavender eyes peering out at the people gathered here and there. Her eyes fell on the body that was on the floor. Neena pursed her lips as she glared at the corpse as if to blame him for his own death before she could reach him. Her eyes drifted to the nearest person, in search of the one who was really to blame. Her eyes rested on a strange young man.

Containing her anger, for the time being, she approached the counter and sat on one of the worn stools. Neena lowered her hood and shook her bright red hair free of the hood’s folds. The bartender gave her an odd look before fetching her a bottle of sake and a small cup. The ninja wondered why people would look at her so oddly before the realization hit her, the bar was full of men. Certainly, if anyone with a bounty was here, they would come to her rather than her actively seeking them out.

Her eyes kept drifting back to the stranger a couple seats over. If he had really killed her mark, that would make him either a bounty or a candidate for a bounty. She didn’t remember seeing his face on any of the wanted posters, which made her wonder if he was another hunter. Neena was sure she had never heard of a hunter that looked like him, but then again, most people had never heard of her either. She had to think of a way to tell if he was another hunter or if he was a possible mark.

Occasionally her eyes would drift to the people around them. Many of them tried their best not to look at the stranger, or the body. This led Neena to believe he was indeed to one who killed the guy. Even the bartender seemed to be wary of him. Well, there was no other choice, she had to speak to him to learn anything else.

“Looks like someone made a mess of the place before I got here.”

She looked down at her drink before looking up at the guy and smirking. For a moment, the ninja considered what to say next. A fake name and identity would likely be needed for this.

“I’m Mari. You from around here?”

WC: 509
Total: 2362
Back to top Go down
Genshi

Finding A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding A Dream   Finding A Dream EmptyWed May 16, 2012 12:54 pm

Genshi finished his beverage and ordered a second one, which had arrived moments later. The service here was great, he should go to bars more often. He was about to down his second drink when a girl sat next to him. He turned to her and smiled, while his mind began to panic. He took another sip when the girl asked about the mess. He turned around to still see the pirate on tjhe ground with a larger pool of blood around him. Why had no one cleanedt up yet? Genshi took back his thought, the service here stinks.

"My name is Genshi, and no, I'm from the North Blue. If you want to ask about the corpse there, I did that." he answered.

He wasn't ashamed of having commited murder, killing was one of the things pirates did. And only by defeating enemies, would Genshi become stronger. He kept one of his hands on his sword as he answered the questions.

"I've said a lot about myself. How about you share some information." he said.

If this person was in any way an enemy, Genshi would have to think of a way to defeat her. She didn't look that strong, but looks could be deceiving.

(Word count: 206)

(Total: 694)
Back to top Go down
Neena

Neena

Finding A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding A Dream   Finding A Dream EmptyThu May 17, 2012 4:07 pm

North Blue, where her parents were from. It was an interesting connection to make with a mark. Most of her marks ended up being from either East or South Blue. In fact, the mark she had been after was a native of East Blue.

Neena smirked, he gave her just the answer she wanted. He had indeed killed her mark. It was a shame too, guys like this were worth much more alive. For a moment she stared at the corpse, trying to think of what to say next, before she was asked to share information. She had long since decided on a mix of truth and lies.

“My parents were from North Blue, but I was born in East Blue. The guy you killed was my mark and I was hoping to carry him in alive. Oh well, no use crying over spilled blood.”

The redhead poured some sake into the small cup and downed it. She had no intention of making a scene of her bounty being stolen from her like this, after all, there were more in town she could grab up. However, being here after such a scene was made, made her nervous. What if the ninja chasing her were here? What if they got wind that blood had been spilled?

She took a moment to observe the scenery. It didn’t look like there had been too much of a scuffle. The furniture was intact, as were the other people around them. This guy could have become a good bounty hunter, but he had pirate written all over his face. Strangely, she had not remembered seeing him in any of the bounty postings.

“Are you going to turn that corpse in? You might want to get all the bounties you want before you earn your own. As for me, I need two and I’m off this rock. I want to see the world. The Grand Line, in particular, fascinates me.”

After downing her second shot of sake, the young woman stretched. Places like this made her feel cramped. There were only two entrances. This one, and one on the second floor out the back. If she were attacked here, that second one would be her best bet. However, she felt her threat would not come from inside the bar. It was only a matter of time. The fear of being surrounded by higher ranking ninja gripped at her heart, but she attempted to ignore it. Fear wasn’t real, not now, it was imagined.

WC: 417
Total: 2779
Back to top Go down
Gyo

Finding A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding A Dream   Finding A Dream EmptyThu May 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Gyo was exhausted. His rowing boat floated up towards the still shore. The florescent moonlight had turned into a beaming sun which had burned Gyo’s arms. He pulled his boat onto the shore. His arms were drained and the two day solid rowing had left him fatigued. His fist were covered in blisters and his arms were bright red from the sun burn. surprisingly he’d been through worse, the harsher marine training programs left cadets in extremely dangerous situations to see how they would handle it. Despite the over-tiring journey, Gyo could feel his arms becoming physically stronger. He rested on the beach for a while then put his coat back on for warmth. He had earlier realized there was a town on this island and decided to go investigate.

It was a simple enough town, markets, shops fishermen selling the ‘catch of the day’. Gyo had enough provisions in his pockets to keep him going, but ironically the ocean had left him with a terrible thirst. Gyo entered the first bar he found to a mess of wood. Splinters everywhere tables and chairs broken. Before he could even say “what happened here?” a short man looked him in the eyes with the most un-welcoming glance Gyo had ever seen. Gyo slowly backed out the door and sighed. Under his breath, he asked himself why this what had just happened. He continued to look for a bar. Eventually he found a tavern that wasn’t so friendly looking, but it didn’t matter.

To his surprise the bar was filled with many tough looking guys being...quiet. As he entered all the drinkers swung their head around violently, as if to expect danger, when they saw it was just a young man and nothing else they went back to talking under their breath. Gyo instantly knew something had just something had happened here. Everyone was too alert. He took two cautious steps and then spotted it. A dead man.
“what...?” he muttered. He then felt a tap on his shoulder and as he turned to look an old hence swordsman pointed towards, what appeared to be, a young couple at the bar. No more words were needed, Gyo understood. All he wanted was a drink, but there was a small feeling that pulled him towards the bar, he just couldn’t resist that taste for adventure, and he knew it he wasn’t going to get it sitting next to one of these goons. He sat down, ordered a beer, and listened.

Word Count: 420
Total: 420
Back to top Go down
Genshi

Finding A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding A Dream   Finding A Dream EmptySun May 20, 2012 3:47 pm

Genshi looked back at the corpse. The one that still hasn't been cleaned up. Apparently, this guy had a bounty, but the money Genshi would receive didn't interest him as a pirate. The glory of beating a pirate worth more than him was all the reward he needed.

"if you want that...mark, was it? If you want him, he's yours. I'm done with him." he said, finishing his drink and stopping the bartender from refilling it.

He looked over to the girl speaking to him, Mari she claimed to have been called. She said she wanted to go to the grand line. Genshi remembered his trips to the grand line, the brutal weather, the unforgiving seas, the dreadful sea creatures.

"that landscape is not for the faint of heart. If you want to go there, you must think you're pretty tough. Let me give you some advice, if you're heading to the Grand Line, always remember this. Everyone and anyone is willing to kill you in order to gain infamy." he added, paying his tab.

Genshi turned his head slightly when a someone else entered the bar, looking straight at the corpse. He walked up to the bar and ordered a beer. This man couldn't have been after Genshi, he hadn't a proper bounty yet. Then again, maybe he wanted the other guy alive. Genshi turned around and walked out of the bar, eyes glued to him. If someone else wanted to fight him, they'd do it outside, where there was plenty of room.

(Word count: 254)

(Total: 948)
Back to top Go down
Neena

Neena

Finding A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding A Dream   Finding A Dream EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:43 pm

Neena smirked at the stranger that killed her mark. He didn’t seem to be that bad of a guy, anyone else in his position would have taken the body and turned it in for a reward. This was a wonderful first step to getting off this rock and back onto open water. The more crowded the place got, the more nervous she felt. Any one of these people could be in league with her enemies. It was a shame going rogue had to be such a pain. However, sticking around to watch her once proud clan become the lapdogs of the corrupt government, didn’t look like fun.

“You aren’t bad, Genshi. I might just leave you alone when you get a bounty on your head, if you keep on being so nice to me. As for the grand line, I‘ll be fine. I know I don‘t look very tough, but I grew up in a rough enough environment that I can handle it. I doubt people will try to kill me, I pretty much fly under the radar.”

The ninja started to laugh, but the sound of someone coming into the bar made her blood run cold for a moment. She turned and watched him as he joined them at the bar. Upon closer inspection, she found herself able to relax a little, it wasn’t a ninja. He seemed a bit bothered by something. Perhaps it was the puddle of blood staining the worn wooden floors.

“Hey there, stranger. I take it you’re not a hunter, judging by your reaction to a dead mark.”

When the redhead turned to speak to the man that was sitting on the other side of her, he was walking out the door. It was a shame, she was enjoying the chat they were having. Well, maybe one day she would meet the rookie pirate again. Until then she decided to keep her eyes on the world bounty records, because she would surely see him there soon enough.

She returned her attention to the only other person seated at the bar. It was another face she had never seen before. He was young, so she assumed he could possibly be another rookie pirate. Grinning, Neena took another shot of sake. So many unusual people she was meeting today.

“So, are you another rookie pirate?”

The question was abrupt, a bit rude, but her curious nature held back no questions. However, this seemed to draw the attention of the men in the bar. It would seem she wasn’t the only curious person here. Needless to say, if they started trouble, she was out of there. The thought of being caught by a high ranking ninja terrified her. And surely, if they caused a stir while she was here, every ninja on the island would want to investigate.

Meanwhile, outside, trouble was already brewing. In the shadows, strange figures dressed in black were gathering. Across from the bar, a blond haired female stood on the roof, her light blue eyes transfixed on the doorway as if she was trying to see through the door, the walls, and any other obstacles in her way. It was clear she was interested in this place as she knelt down and leaned forward, as if trying to get closer to her target. This was a ninja on the hunt for the most dangerous prey a ninja could possibly track, another ninja.

WC: 570
Total: 3349
Back to top Go down
Gyo

Finding A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding A Dream   Finding A Dream EmptyMon May 21, 2012 2:41 pm

It was odd. A dead body lay on the floor without anyone reacting or attending to the mess and he was seen as the one that was acting unusual. At least that was the impression he got from the sake-drinker’s question. It was not like he hadn’t seen a dead body before, it was just the way the drinkers shrugged it off. Gyo sipped his beer.

“You’re right, I’m no hunter.”

He had decided to play it safe for the time being. This question told her nothing but what she had already figured out. As he answered, the man who sat on the opposite side of the female stood up and headed for the door. Eyes followed him out the door, and some moved out the way for his exit. It then dawned on Gyo that they feared him, and so this man must of been the killer. He made a mental note of his profile and the clothes he was wearing, who knows, he might become a useful ally in the future. Or a strong opponent.

The next question took Gyo off guard, rookie pirate? It was so blunt. Gyo couldn’t help but crack a smile, it was obvious this woman was just trying to be friendly. He opened his mouth to answer but couldn’t think of anything to say, as he had just turned his head to notice the whole pub waiting in anticipation to his answer.The amount of drinkers had increased greatly since he last checked. It made him utterly speechless, what could strangers like this want to know about himself? Maybe they had caught wind of what had happened with ‘Dan-Sama’. Gyo braced himself, anything could happen. After an awkward pause Gyo turned back to the red head, she seemed anxious, over aware. Her eyes darting across the room, searching.

“Is everything alright?”

Almost instantly, as if to answer his question, he felt the presence of a predator nearby. He had developed this sense on marine cadet training missions. He had gone through many exotic areas, ruled by ferocious beasts. He had developed the ‘feeling’, that everyone gets when we’re being watched, to another level. It was nothing special, but he knew when hunters were close. He wondered how the woman had noticed it, did she possess a similar skill? or, she knew something he didn’t.

Word Count: 392
Total: 812
Back to top Go down
Genshi

Finding A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding A Dream   Finding A Dream EmptySat May 26, 2012 11:59 am

Genshi began o skip once he got outside, not feeling the slightest bit emasculated. He began to wonder what his life would be like, now that he was responsible for a fatality. No one would ever look at him the same, but being a pirate that might've been a good thing. He entered a food market and began to purchase the necessities of a good meal. Milk, apples, bread, eggs, strawberries and yogurt. Now all he would need was a kitchen and he would officially become a pirate chef. He began to skip back to his boat when he passed the tavern he was in before, good times....good times. He stopped his skipping spree and began to look around. the cook felt as if he was being watched, or at least someone around had been glaring towards the bar with murderous intent. Genshi put his groceries down and looked around, unsheathing his sword.

"Who's there? Show yourself. If it's a fight you'e looking for, don't hesitate. Make me famous." he shouted, attracting the attention of some of the Bar clients.

He quickly opened the door and put his index finger over his lips. If Genshi was going to fight, he didn't need any distractions or outside interference.

word count: 207
total: 1155
Back to top Go down
Neena

Neena

Finding A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding A Dream   Finding A Dream EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:12 pm

The newly arrived, and assumed pirate, man asked her if everything was alright. She wanted to berate him for even asking that question. In truth, things were not alright at all. The red haired ninja had finally been found, but by who? Was it the blood clan? Part of her hoped it was, then she would have a bit of a chance at beating them as she might know who they were. However, if it wasn’t someone from her clan, she would be in danger.

“Yes, everything is alright, I’m on alert for nothing… Of course it’s not alright! Stay out of this and they might not kill you.”

Neena winced, remembering that the other pirate had just left the building. That guy would be in danger if the ninja outside thought he had anything to do with her. He had what she thought was the worst timing in the world. First he killed her mark and not he was walking into a trap meant for her. Ugh, why did she always get stuck looking after foolish men?

The lavender eyed woman heard him call the ninja out and slowly brought her palm to her face and shook her head. There was no other choice. Allowing her arms to drop to the sides, she huffed and slowly made her way to the door. Why would anyone be foolish enough to call out a group of assassins?

“You know, they’re not here for you. They’re here for me. And it’s not exactly smart thinkin to call out assassins like that.” She tapped her head before poking him in the side of his head. “Now get back inside before someone gets hurt.”

Her breath caught in her chest as she spun around in front of him and quickly drew her kunai to knock away a flurry of throwing stars. They stuck in the wall of the building on either side of the doorway. Neena looked up in the direction they came from. It was indeed a Blood Clan ninja. A smirk crossed the redhead’s face as she placed her hands on her hips.

“I didn’t think they’d be so dumb as to send you after me, Shooting Star Ninja Sara.”

“I didn’t think you’d be dumb enough to get caught.” The blond crossed her arms as she stared down from her perch.

“I’m not caught yet, I just had to keep inno… err, not quite innocent but completely uninvolved blood from being spilled.”

“He’s a pirate, I’m surprised you aren’t after his bounty.” She was perfectly still, the only thing that moved was her mouth.

“He doesn’t have one, yet. Oh well.” Neena casually shrugged her shoulders.

“Oh, but he will, and when he does you’ll surely collect.”

“I don’t think you understand how I work, Sara. Unlike some people, I ask questions before I attack, not after.”

Neena‘s chiding comment appeared to have an effect, the blond twitched and her facial expression darkened slightly. “Oh, you are so not a ninja.”

The redhead wasn‘t sure hot to respond so she said the first thing that came to mind. “Your face isn’t a ninja.”

“What the? That doesn’t even make sense!” Sara seemed to be confused by the other ninja’s comment.

“Your face doesn’t make sense.” Neena stuck her tongue out.

The blond haired ninja, Sara only seemed to become infuriated by this. She jumped down from the rooftop, her blue eyes fixed in a vicious glare.

“Fine, we will play this your way. Hand to hand combat.”

“Fine!”

The two ninja crouched into a fighting stance, the blond ninja drawing a kunai. A silence had fallen on the area, lesser ninja watched from the shadows as pirates crowded around the door to the bar. Most men would be interested in two women fighting, but what they didn’t know, was how deadly this could turn. This wasn’t a show or a gimmick, this was life and death.

WC: 655
Total: 4004
Back to top Go down
Gyo

Finding A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding A Dream   Finding A Dream EmptyThu May 31, 2012 9:17 pm

Gyo swallowed the rest of his beer, and quickly he followed the woman he had taken interest in, although she had been quite rude to him shortly beforehand. Something was wrong, and frankly Gyo was excited, maybe he could fight someone? He held back his urge for violence and stepped outside. A heated conversation had started between the red head and a blond woman. The red head wasn’t quite as cool as Gyo thought she was, he cringed at her dreadful comebacks. The argument reached the point where they began to ready themselves with a battle stance.

“Hold on just a minute” Gyo dragged the cloaked figures attention to himself.

“I don’t think you’re going to be able to take on all these guys by yourself, I propose-”

Before Gyo could finish, he realized his mistake. He had not only proposed to join an incredibly outnumbered girl in a fight, he had done it while surround by the enemy.

“Never mind!” and quickly he walked away, or at least attempted to, as a gloved hand pulled back on his collar. Gyo’s eye’s rounded and shone, his mouth showed a smile so wide,you could see it from behind. His lust for violence had got the better of him.

Swiftly he turned, pulling him closer to the man who had grasped him. Not even this ninja was fast enough to avoid what happened next. Gyo head-butted the man. The ninja’s forehead protector shattered and he collapsed to the ground.

Gyo staggered back.

“Mazba neecks time Eh shoda stick ta mah Fizsts” (Maybe next time I should stick to my fists).

He had concussed himself. A moment before hand it was hard to tell who was the biggest idiot, was it the man who had called out a bunch of stealth assassins or the woman with the terrible comebacks? But as Gyo’s fist missed a couple of ninjas and blew a hole into the side of the bar where they had previously drunk,because he was too concussed to stop it. It was clear who the dumbest was.

Gyo prepared his fists,

”brwing iw oun!” (bring it on!)

WC: 357
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Finding A Dream Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding A Dream   Finding A Dream Empty

Back to top Go down

Finding A Dream
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
One Piece: Shores of Destiny Rp Site :: In Character Area :: East Blue-